Sunday, January 17, 2010

Niini no Koto wo Wasurenaide

Niini no Koto wo Wasurenaide (にぃにのことを忘れないで Don't forget about Niini) is a story of a person  named Niini who, at an early age, was diagnosed with brain cancer. Niini is a very smart boy, full of dreams, and very diligent in his studies. Unfortunately, at the age of 15, he showed signs and symptoms of a disease. One night, on the night after he learned that he got in to the Highschool of his choice, he experienced blurred vision and seizure then collapsed while studying in his room. Hearing a loud thud, his mother went up to his room only to find him unconscious. He was brought to the hospital immediately and there he was told of an existing tumor in his brain. For seven years, he, along with the rest of his family, fought against the disease. There were times that he was so down and yet because of his families support he is able to pull himself back together. The story is so heart-warming and tear-jerking.

Everyone is born with a purpose. Even those that were born with diseases have purpose. It is just the matter of finding what it is.

In this movie, we will also see the challenges a mother is going through especially when she and her child's opinion do not meet, but, like most mothers, she persevered.

I really suggest that people watch this movie! So tragic and rich... This is a special drama aired on NTV on August 29, 2009 starring Nishikido Ryo. The movie is based on a true story and a Novel by Kawakami Masumi... a movie worth watching.

CAST:

Nishikido Ryo as Kawai Keisuke/Niini
Rena Tanaka as Amami Shiori
Yamada Ryosuke as Kawai Yuji
Shirakawa as Kawai Chiyo
Kuroki Hitomi as Kawai Kasumi
Jinnai Takanori as Kawai Yoichi

Official Website click here
Watch this movie click here


Personal thoughts:

Honestly, I feel for Niini. For a person so smart and capable, why was he given the disease? I, on the other hand, felt the same but not because of a disease but the limitations established due to the lack of finances. I wanted to study and get a Bachelor's degree and yet I can't. I am growing old, and I feel like I haven't reached anything. Up until now, I am still trying my hardest but to no avail. Sometimes, I ask myself, "what is my purpose here?" "why can't I be like everyone else who are able to study?" It is really frustrating. Secondly, I also see my relationship and situation with my mother. My mom and dad try so hard to meet our needs but because I feel like time is running out for me, I tend to lash at them especially with my mom. No matter how I try to stop myself, it seems that it is really hard to contain all this frustration. Like most parents, they still try to tolerate me and give me their love. I love my parents but it really bugs me that they try to comfort me with words when I know for a fact that these words are empty. The problem is me, and I really hope that i can change my attitude towards them. This movie has taught me a lot..... Thank you NTV for making this movie! SUKI DESU!

No comments:

Post a Comment